Senior Event Producer
Recess Studios is a full-service creative studio with offices in New York City and Los Angeles, CA and Portland, OR. We design and build immersive experiences, developing and strengthening global brands through content and digital experiences, and connecting our partners with their target consumer through 360-degree marketing campaigns. Our employees enjoy a flexible, collaborative work environment that encourages people to push themselves and their thinking beyond our clients' expectations.
Senior Event Producer
Senior Event Producers supervise and coordinate all aspects of an event from conception to execution. The primary responsibilities are developing executable plans, overseeing operations, managing project timelines, directing staff, and coordinating technical and production teams. Senior Producers also create and manage project budgets to ensure financial profitability and bring value to our clients.
- Main day-to-day client contact on overall event production from conception/pitching, onsite management and post-event breakdown
- Oversee creative production and execution and ensuring things are routed for appropriate approvals and kept on time and within budget
- Create and maintain event documents including budgets, activation decks, production timelines, run of show, etc.
- Oversee creation of project proposals, line plans, renderings, etc.
- Works well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines in a professional, and calm manner.
- Secure and manage all external vendors and invoicing including security, insurance requirements, decor, catering, etc.
- Lead internal production meetings
- Accountable for the quality of all deliverables and performance throughout the engagement
- Collaborates with the account team to create the project plan, budgeting, venue selection working back from key client deliverable dates
- Supports the project plan, ensuring that all deliverable dates and financial requirements are met
- Responsible for supporting the development, production, and co-delivery of the goals and requirements
- Collaborates with vendors to ensure quality, workability and that the pieces meet to core objectives of the program
- Hiring, training, and managing the staff needs for the programs
- Manages project communications, ensuring that any issues, changes, or required performances that impact the project are documented and addressed with the project team
- Managing the PO system and financial flow of the production deliverables
- Documents and learns all aspects of the elements to assist in creating manuals and/or physical training
- Supports the procurement of permits, civic documents, and all other permits/paperwork for events.
- Collaborating with peers in the department to foster innovation
- Hospitality experience in a luxury hotel property a plus
- Any background or interest in design a plus
- Client focus with attention to detail, flexibility and accountability for results
- Ability to cultivate relationships with key staff
- Pays attention to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors
- Demonstrates ability to work on a team and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in all areas
- Ability to both lead teams and act as support to other senior staff members
- Ability to effectively manage tasks across multiple projects/various clients at the same time
- 5+ years of proven event production experience required. Previous production experience in an agency setting a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, or similar - emphasis on Excel, GoogleSheets, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written comprehension and communication skills
- Must be able to maintain utmost confidentiality
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Willing and able to work nonstandard work hours and weekends as required (this is not a 9 to 5 job).